Sunday, October 14, 2012

Photos of Lyon

I can't believe I've been in Lyon for 3 weeks!  It's definitely flown by.  Some pictures of things around town:


Statues in Parc de la Tête d'Or at the northern end of the city.


Main square in Bellecour


One of the many bridges that cross the Rhone and Saone rivers and that you can walk across.


Chickens from the famous Bresse regions (which is famous for chickens) at Les Halles de Lyon, an indoor market.


Porcini mushrooms.  October is wild mushroom season!


Chrysanthemums.


This looks suspiciously like chard, right in the middle of the park!


Queen for a night in the most elaborate chair I've ever sat in at La Comptoir de la Bourse.


Yes, I went to Starbucks in France... :-P  I missed American-style brewed coffee and American-style huge mugs :-)

No comments: